Re: Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

gary wrote:
> If a 1/4" hole filled with wire and silicone in a vent pipe is going to
> allow explosive gasses into your home or gasoline fumes from the guy down
> the block who is always putting a gallon or two of gas down his sewer...the
> problem won't be at the little hole.
>
> Now if you are always worried about the natural gas leak on the street
> causing gas to go in the roof vent, down into the house and into the little
> hole filled with silicone.... I would never open my windows... LOL

People go to lots of work to avoid doing it right and can cause
troubles at home  resale time

Do it right do it once then sit back and relax!

Sewer gas accidently entering your home can lead to all sorts of
troubles including illness and hazardous gasses that can cause
explosions.

those pesky rules were largely written after bad problems occured