Re: Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

If a 1/4" hole filled with wire and silicone in a vent pipe is going to
allow explosive gasses into your home or gasoline fumes from the guy down
the block who is always putting a gallon or two of gas down his sewer...the
problem won't be at the little hole.

Now if you are always worried about the natural gas leak on the street
causing gas to go in the roof vent, down into the house and into the little
hole filled with silicone.... I would never open my windows... LOL