Re: Need speed switch for DIY funicular/hillside elevator

Sorry, now I'm confused.  I'm not sure where I indicated a freespool
condition is a minor concern, but I'm sure its possible may have
implied that by accident.  I quickly scanned earlier posts and missed
it.  If its the quoted text below I must be missing it. In any event
here is what I probably meant:  The system itself is way oversized for
what it does.  I think the likelihood of a freespool condition is
minor,  but its the one remaining possibility that could result in the
cart running out of control, so in that sense its the major concern.

If one drum breaks off, the other will hold.  If one cable brakes, the
other cable will hold.  If the coupling breaks or the gear shaft goes,
it could freespool and turn the cart into a poorly designed
rollercoaster.  Sorry for the confusion.