Re: Need speed switch for DIY funicular/hillside elevator

In your initial post you said, "I am trying to figure out some kind of
simple safety mechanism in the event that the spools break loose from the
gearbox or shaft and start rotating freely". Now you indicate that's a minor
concern.

I'm confused. I thought it was "something major is wrong such as a
broken coupling or a broken shaft inside the gearbox" that was the primary
concern.

http://davehouston.net