Re: Multiswitches and Multisatellite Dishes

Ian Shef wrote:

> I was under the impression (right? wrong?) that each satellite transponder
> transmits on both of two possible polarizations.  If so, then my triple LNB
> dish actually receives 6 "signals" (3 satellites x 2 polarizations) and only
> provides 4 of these 6 at a time.

Correct.

> In this case, a multiswitch helps but doesn't completely solve anything.

That is because there is a switch built into the feedhorn/LNB assembly.

> What solutions are available?

If you can find 3 discrete feedhorn/LNB assemblys that will fit in place
of the current feedhorn/LNB/switch assembly then you can add a switch.

You need a 6x6 switch. 6 cables from the 3 dual polarity LNBs then 5
cables to your receivers (2 each to the DVRs and 1 to the single tuner
receiver).

A quick google yielded the Zinwell WB68 6X8 Multiswitch. There might be
a better option but I didn't investigate further.

Here is a link:
http://store.high-techoffice.com/ziwb6x8mudia.html

Looks like a decent FAQ:
http://store.high-techoffice.com/samu.html

The usual disclaimers apply, I know NOTHING about the seller...

Good luck

PS...
Multiswitches with an odd number on the left side of the "x" (the input
count) diplex a over the air (OTA) antenna (1 signal) with the "x"-1
satellite signal so you can get satellite and OTA local TV on the same coax.