Re: Controling Holiday Lights

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:24:48 -0600, sylvan butler
<ZsdbUse1+noZs_0610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<slrnejam1g.thm.ZsdbUse1+noZs_0610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Anybody have a source for cheap PCI parallel port cards (e.g. four
>parallel ports on one card)?

Never seen such a beast.

A venerable and still current solution to the need for multiple digital (TTL)
input-output (I/O) are ISA- and PCI-bus cards based on the 8255 Programmable
Input Output (PIO) IC from the 8080 chip family which predated the original
8088 IBM PC.

Google  8255 PIO  for hardware, drivers and software ideas.

There are typically many for sale at eBay for nickels on the dollar.

Business & Industrial > Industrial Electrical & Test > Test Equipment > Card
Based (VXI/PXI/PCI)

The current National Instruments DIO cards are the PCI-6503 (24 TTL I/O),
PCI-DIO-96 (96 TTL I/O) and PCI- 6257 (48 I/O, optically isolated with 120ma
drive).

(I'll be having an internet porch sale in a couple of weeks and will have a
pile of these and related instrumentation and HA items for sale/swap.)

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org