Re: X10 replacement?

> (I once saw a retail price sheet for Lutron RadioRa that listed a single
> basic dimmer at $395.00. I laughed so hard it hurt.)

Nobody pays retail.  I switched to Radio RA two years ago and it's be
WONDERFUL.  Lights that work every time!  Woo hoo!  I've still got some X-10
infrared sensors and their receivers but nothing else X-10.

> * RELIABLE of course, itherwise I'd just stick with X10! Everyone
> claims to be reliable but only a good track record counts as proof. Hot
> new products come and go every day!

X-10's just the shit that stuck and couldn't be peeled off the wall.  It's
not "better" it's more that the home automation market really doesn't exist
in any decent quantities to make it worthwhile to do it "better".  Sad but
true.

As always, the rule of three applies: good, fast, cheap... pick two.  Radio
RA's been good and fast but certainly wasn't cheap.  Cripes, X-10's no good,
not fast and only has CHEAP going for it.