Re: Camera in the baby's room?

> What do you guys think of installing a video camera
> in the baby's room instead of a baby audio monitor?
> What type of system would I need for that?

That's a fairly popular application among home automators.  You can use
a B&W or color camera with a modulator to convert the camera's
composite video signal to an unused CATV channel which is then viewable
on every TV in the house.

Another option which may be of interest, especially if the home has
been prewired for a structured cabling system is to use one of the CAT5
video systems, such as the Greyfox (now part of OnQ) CAT5 video
systems.

Although I haven't installed this particular type, I've sold a number
of these to DIYers and feedback has been positive in terms of ease of
installation and performance.

The most basic option is to install a camera in the nursery, a monitor
(wherever) and run some RG59 cable between A and B.

Note: although RG6Q/S cable is touted by some as the be-all and end-all
of video cable, it is major overkill for a CCTV system.  If you're
running ordinary, composite video less than 200' in your home, save
some money and a lot of aggravation by using RG59, which what
professionals have used for CCTV for many years.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D>