Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:XuudnZ-osJyEHPHYnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx

> While I'd love to have the reliability of Centralite or Lutron's RF
> system,
> I don't think I'd ever be able to recover the cost when selling the house.

Having X10 switches installed actually *reduces* the value of the house --
the average home buyer sees this stuff as an unknown, and most home
inspectors will flag it as a liability.  Which, IMHO, is correct.  If a X10
switch quits working (which is quite common, unless you are using very high
quality stuff like PCS), how will a new homeowner who knows nothing about
X10 be able to fix it?  Most likely, they would have to call an electrician
(read: $$$) and they would most likely just replace the X10 w/ a regular
switch.

When you come to sell the place, don't be suprised if you will have to swap
out all of your X10 switches with regular switches.

Kurt