Re: Chamerlain Garage Door Monitor

nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:

>http://www.chamberlain-diy.com/diy04/products/buy_online_convenience_safety/0,1341,uid-d3N7bGFhY2diaA==_1136,00.html
>
>If anyone has one of these I'd like to get the FCC ID number which should be
>on the sensor unit that mounts on the door. I'd like to know what RF
>frequency they use. The prices are reasonable - Smarthome has them for a bit
>less than Chamberlain's online store.
>
>Also, what is the range? The discontinued Stanley garage door monitor (which
>was very similar in design) had really poor RF range. The Stanley system
>showed the status of up to three sensors. Chamberlain supports up to four
>sensors but it looks like they do not show individual sensor status.

To answer my own question (and fix my spelling error), the Chamberlain
garage door sensors use 312MHz and have a tuning capacitor so I'm sure they
can be tuned to 310MHz.

I still need to capture the RF signal for analysis and do some range testing
but I can probably include support for this in my replacement PIC for the
MR26 and standalone DIY RF receiver for X-10 with RS232 output.

http://davehouston.net