Re: DirecTV In multiple rooms

>> 3) Would it be cheaper if we ran the cable ourselves?
>
> Ask the installing company.

The cost of the installation might not be the primary concern.

I had Dish network come to my home to install their service.  We have TV's in several bedrooms plus the TV room.  They sent 2 men
out to do the installation.  They were here from around 11:00 am until 6:00 pm (worked overtime I guess) and they still couldn't get
it right.  The second day another tech came out.  He was here for an hour until he gave up.  Several days later the first crew came
back.  They finally got it working in all but one room.

They charged us the basic fee for the installation but they made a mess, left the insulation in the attic in disarray and left a
visible cable running down the wall from the ceiling in the bonus room (Florida speak for a bedroom near the pool).  I had to rerun
the cable in the wall because they had no idea how to do it.

A few months later, after numerous outages during the thunderstorms that come almost daily in south Florida we went back to cable.
All went well until my in-laws arrived from Brazil and the spousal unit insisted we reinstall DISH so they could watch "TV Globo"
and "Record" channels.

I own a Tivo-type receiver for DISH which we had from our previous home.  DISH came out again, hooked it up and promised it would be
working within 30 minutes after they left.  "Sign here, please."  I should have known better.  It's been almost a month and still no
DISH service.  They've sent a new remote (the old one conked out) and a new smart card.  They tried to charge me for the new smart
card but I said no way.

Now they're sending out a replacement HDD receiver (they say mine is bad).  The "repair" will cost me about $70.  I just hope they
can somehow make it work before my mother-in-law returns to Brazil.  She's only staying until February.

This is a fairly large home (3800 ft under air) and it's not as easy to wire as some but it's also not a mansion and it's not that
old.  I can't imagine how DISH turns a profit with such incompetent installers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics