Newbie to Home Automation - Need Help

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to the home automation processand am amazed when reading
would like to begin the process.

Here is what I am looking to accomplish:

1.  Implement a Panasonic KX-T61610 EASA Phone KSU System Main Cabinet
and phones throughout the home.
2.  Implement ethernet cabling throughout the home.
3.  Implement a wiring closet for phone and ethernet.

Panasonic KX-T61610 KSU:
1.  At this time, I only have 1 single phone line through Embarq.
Currently the alarm system is utilizing this line to call out alarm
notifications.  Can I utilize the Panasonic system with only the single
phone line?  If so, can you give me help on wiring to the system and
out of the system.  Initially, I want the capability to use this line
from any phone throughout the home.

2.  Phone wiring:  I have read several different posts regarding what
type of wiring to use for phone and ethernet.  Many have said, use
ethernet for everything, many have said keep it seperate, thoughts?

Ethernet Cabling
1.  I have a high speed connection via Brighthouse and would like to
make it accessible via every room in the house.

Thoughts?  Ideas?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you