Re: Sage TV and HA?

Most of the PVR proggies like Sage support multiple TV capture cards and can
record from multiple sources. Each of these programs has their strengths and
weaknesses.

GB-PVR has excellent support for the Hauppauge MVP which sends TV out over
your home network in either wireless 802.11g or wired 10BT - I am still
waiting for a Home Automation plug-in.  It is a free application (by
donation). Works well on lower power machines.

Media Portal does have some support for Homeseer Home Automation but the HA
interface is awkward and requires the use of Girder as well. This one is
open source and free as well. Seems to want a hotrod PC to work well.  Keep
your eye on this as it has a lot of potential and the interface is very
pretty.

Sage likely has the best support as it is one of the most popular PVR progs
out there. $$  I think there is a Sage plugin for Homeseer Home Automation.

Snapstream is a nice PVR but you have to also buy Beyond Media to get the
plug-in module and I am not sure if there are HA interfaces for it or not.
No HA plugins that I know of. $$$

Windows Media Center PC (MCE) - I think there is a plug-ins for Homeseer for
MCE, supports at least 2 cards and has media center extenders that can
distribute over your house. Very $$$$. Nice interface.

The killer feature I'd like to see in a PVRs is being able to browse the web
on the TV.  This would allow access to the HA program through a web
interface. This is no small feat since native TV resolution is very low and
interlaced.