ICON vs Insteon V2 Wall Dimmer

Last night I "discovered" something about the ICON wall dimmers.
The ICON dimmer has a fixed ramp rate of .1s basically making it a hard
on/off operation to a preset level. However, when I applied the
instructions for setting the ramp rate on the V2 dimmer, the ICON
responded the same way!  IOW, dim to a low level, press the Set button
twice quickly, the light flashes and the new ramp rate is set locally.
Then, put a controller into learn mode and hold the ICON's upper paddle
for 10 seconds and the ramp rate works remotely too.