Re: Insteon or Zwave?

Thanks for the heads up on that, I think it may be worth a try. I've
been playing with PowerHome but until I get my arms around it, the
tap-tap method is still my SOP.   BTW, re: quality issues.  So far I've
found 2 defects among the 27 Insteon devices I've installed to date. One
is a bad V2 Wall Dimmer that won't remember it's ramp rate or dim
settings and the other is a bad Keypad Linc that won't control anything
other than it's native load.

> http://www.smarthome.com/2416.html
>
> "BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I can't compare for you because I've not tried Zwave. However, I am
>> in the midst of converting almost all of my X10 stuff to Insteon.
>> The setup is a bit tricky and unless they develop a SIMPLE software
>> interface for it I think it will be their downfall as the average
>> consumer won't bother dealing with it. (How I long for the easy days
>> of code wheels!) I've done so much switch tapping this weekend I
>> feel like a woodpecker! That being said, I don't know if Zwave or
>> the others are any easier.
>>

>>> I can't decide between the 2. Any experiences on either of them?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> JT