Re: Cat5e Advantages

duh_ster@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We're building a new house, and the electrical guy is pushing us to use
> Cat5e for all of the phones.  Just wanted to know: are there any
> advantages to using Cat5e just for phones?  I can understand using it
> for computers, but is it really worth it to use it for phones?

Of course it is not worth doing for POTS phones.
But 99% of the cost is dragging the wire, so the difference
between CAT3 and CAT5e is trivial.

And maybe you will want to stop using POTS
and use some nice VoIP, or digital phones
or replace your phones with computers.
Or any of a dozen other ideas. And then
you really, really will wish you had spent
the extra $10 for CAT5e

--
Pat