Re: Another X10 Quandary

"JW" <jweb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uCo8g.70417$F_3.40188@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just tried to add a timed event for a waterfall and I can't download it
> due to insufficient memory in the module (HAL 11A). I had problems before
> adding dusk/dawn timed events because they use so much memory.  My
> resolution is set to 24.  I can't imagine this is all I can add because I'm
> only using 10 modules right now with only 5 of them timed (2 dawn/dusk).
> With all the hype of being able to have 256 modules, what's the use if you
> can only time 4 or 5 of them?  Am I doing something wrong or is this "the
> way it is"?   Thanks for any advice.

Set the resolution to 12 to increase the available memory in your computer
interface.  The number 256 is an addressable range, not the number
of modules one might have in a single installation.  Some people need
to share house codes with neighbors.  X10 modules don't have to be
controlled by a computer interface.