Re: Any S/W to simplify linking Insteon switches?

<stuff snipped>

> While linking by pressing buttons on the hardware is a PITA, delinking is
> more troublesome. Doing it manually with button presses requires that the
> hardware be "in the network" and functioning but that's impossible if the
> device you need to delink has become defective.
>
> This is a much bigger problem than it might appear on its face.

It sounds like a serious problem that could lead to lots of other trouble.

I'm liking codewheels more and more although I am finding that among the
twenty year old modules it takes a bit of wiping to get a good contact if
you want to change an address.  Still, that's better than having to run
around the house pressing buttons within preset time frames.  It sounds more
like a relay race than a home automation system!

--
Bobby G.