Re: Any S/W to simplify linking Insteon switches?

I don't think there's much out there, as yet. I had assumed Smarthome would
supply rudimentary software that would handle linking/delinking and other
tasks but as I've gotten deeper into developing roZetta I've discovered that
I'm going to need to do this myself. I'm still struggling with it. I think
the software that Bruce Robin has mentioned will do this but I'm basing that
on screenshots - I haven't seen any documentation for it.

The link table is stored in the controller using the 24-bit ID that's on
each device so there are ways to link and delink by directly manipulating
this low level memory. I was hoping to avoid this. roZetta will have limited
memory of its own and any that has to be devoted to code for these types of
tasks reduces the space available for other tasks. One thing you should do,
if you haven't already done it, is to build your own list of device IDs and
locations. This will simplify linking/delinking once you have software.

While linking by pressing buttons on the hardware is a PITA, delinking is
more troublesome. Doing it manually with button presses requires that the
hardware be "in the network" and functioning but that's impossible if the
device you need to delink has become defective.

This is a much bigger problem than it might appear on its face. The link
below, while about totally different hardware, illustrates just how big a
problem this can be.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=2918