Re: Question about CCTV and VGA LCD

The 15 pin plug from your laptop is set up for VGA.  You would need to find
out what kind of monitor the magnifier was set up for.  Serial (as in RS-232
like your computer) is not likely, just too slow for driving a monitor.

A couple possibilities are NTSC video (same as a VCRs output with different
connector)  or CGA computer (like very old computers).

After you figure out what it is, then you can figure out how to view it.  If
it happens to be NTSC, a simple plug change will let you use an LCD TV
monitor.
--
Bill Fuhrmann