Re: 2414 INSTEON CONTROLLER

You need to provide more details. Are you using 2414S or 2414U? What
software is in use? What are the details regarding "many problems and
breakdowns"? What does "timers falling out of the unit" mean?

There were early reports of problems with keeping accurate time and with
timers downloaded to the interface not functioning but I haven't seen any
such reports recently. I think both issues were with the firmware in the
units. They have a battery backed RTC chip (ST M41T81 with calibration
registers) and see a zero crossing 120 times per second so they should be
able to keep time accurately.

You might get a better response in the Insteon forum at...

     http://www.techmall.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9