Intermatic 5-pc. kit good?

you guys are the experts... i have no experience with this
stuff, but i am looking to set up things to turn on & off
when i'm out of town.

is the Intermatic kit at Costco a good start and price?
and does this hardware support the later use of software
that would allow me to control from my pc?

also, what sort of issues are there with this stuff &
wireless (both 2.4GHz wireless & 5.8GHz phones i have)?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11090596&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

thanks