Want to detect small nocturnal animal (armadillo)

We are beset with marauding armadillos that are ruinous to our lawn and
flower gardens.  I would like to install wireless motion sensors to
catch them as they root along the side of our house.  I have a 20'
section of wall that they favor on their nightly prowls.

I have seen the Optex TD-10, and wondered if you all think it would be
a satisfactory device for sounding an alarm in the house when Mr.
Armadillo strolls by?  Also, I am totally confused by the TD-10
directions as to how to aim the device: fan versus long-range?
Horizontal versus aiming down the side of he building?  How to figure
out what the "illuminated" area will be?  (I know it's not really
illuminated, but you know what I mean...)  The more I read the manual,
the more confuseder I get.

Would appreciate the wisdom of this group to help me regain control
over our property - thanks.