Re: XP Chkdsk Problem

> Thanks - I will check that out.  When an XP Machine sets
> up tasks to run after rebooting (at command lien level)
> where does it put the instruction. I looked at the batch
> files - but I cannot see any dsk checking command there,

it's in the registry --
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager,
look at the "BootExecute" key.

default: autocheck autochk *
that just tells the OS to check for the dirty bit.  It
will change this key if you manually schedule a chkdsk
using chkdsk /f or /r.  I agree with the poster who said
let it run.  It won't continue running after it has
completed... it'll reset this key to the default.