Re: Buying X-10 - Distribution or Direct

Buy wherever is cheapest and has best support.

That being said, most of the serious home automation users here wouldn't be
caught dead with X10 brand. There are so many better X10 compatible
manufacturers, more features, better quality, higher reliability. X10 brand
(and the equivalent OEM variations) are really the bottom of the barrel when
it comes to X10 compatible devices.