Re: Powering an In-wall Amp

That's OK I should probably learn how to describe things better!

To answer your question directly, the amp has screw terminals for power
connection.

Therefore the supplied adapter has a long cable on it which has bare
wires at the end (for connecting to the amp).

The adapter has an output rating of +24v (1.75A)

What I don't want, is to connect this cable to the amp and then have
the cable (with adapter hanging off it) poking out of a wall somewhere.

Following your previous post I am coming round to the following idea..

Purchase a DC socket (one of these)...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&DOY=23m3&ModuleNo=1407&criteria=

Anda plug (one of these)..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=dc%20plug&ModuleNo=5439&doy=23m3

Because the existing cable (attached to the adapter) is longer than I
require, I could make a cut in it and put as much as I need in the
wall, connected to the amp at one end, and my DC socket at the other,
then pop the plug on the end of the remaining cable (from the adapter)
and plug this into the socket.

I hope that's cleared things up a bit. My mention of a laptop adapter
probably confused things, all I meant to point out was that the adapter
itself has a socket for an IEC (Kettle) lead

Hope that's clear! Thanks for your patience and persistance!