Re: Powering an In-wall Amp

> <stuff snipped>
>
> > The power is supplied using a long cable connected to an adapter which
> > in turn is plugged into the mains (the adapter is similar to those used
> > for laptops, so you plug a cable into the mains which in turn is
> > plugged into the adapter)
>
> Sounds like a typical coaxial power plug.  Is the metal tip about 1/2" long
> with a hollow center?  Does it look like any of these:

I should probably clarify my original description.

The cable itself is attached to an adapter, not dissimilar to a typical
laptop PSU e.g

http://www.irqcomputers.co.uk/contentitempage.aspx?contentid=74930

However at the other end (the bit which goes to the amplifier), there
is currently no plug on the end if it, just the two bare cables.