Re: Video Survilance Suggestions?

Well you might check out my site.   I am in a similar condition.  Out in the
country, 6 miles from town,  at the end of a dead-end street.

I have 12 video cameras scattered all around the outside of the house that
have these features:

All COLOR cameras.    They are just my preference.  You can also use B&W
with infrared lights for dark areas or at night.

Incased in home made weather proof enclosures.

Connected to the home automation system.

3 of the cameras do a 180 degree sweep of the area around it.

Coverage is from about 6' to 500' depending on the camera location and area
around it.

24/7 VCR recording on a time lapse recorder that will hold a 30 DAY history
on one 8 hour tape.

Able to take a still snapshot with motion detection and email the image to a
offsite location.

Time stamped image with date and time including seconds.

Motion detection also takes a video (AVI) for the camera area detecting
motion.  From 30 to 120 seconds depending upon the camera.  Each one has
it's own settings.

Both the still and movie can be taken manually by visiting the website.

Any camera can be viewed in REAL TIME over the internet from the website.

The cameras that now do an automatic sweep will soon be updated so that you
will be able to control the view remotely over the website.

I use commercial CCTV cameras that have been removed from installations that
upgrade their installations.  This lets me buy high quality resolution
cameras with lens for under $100 each.

If you would like to see them in operation, just visit  www.k9soa.net  and
use the word   cha    in lower case as the  ID & PASSWORD.   The ititial
page will tell you to use   visitor    but for those coming from this
newsgroup, I have set up a special  ID & PW  so I can make some features
available that are not normally possible using the  standard for everyone
else.

Be sure to sign the guestbook to let me know what you think of the system.
If you would like a direct reply, just enter your email address.   IT IS
OPTIONAL and used only once to reply to you and then deleted.  No one else
will ever see it.    If you don't leave an address, I will reply inline of
the guestbook entries so you can check back later for any replies.

Will be glad to help anyone that is interested in setting up a similar
system.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens
As appeared on HGTV
 and in Home Automation, Kentucky Living magazines

Have some fun and come visit and turn my lights on and off.

Over 10,000 visitors since January 2005
Over 25,000 since May 2003