Video Survilance Suggestions?

Hi,

Got broken into a bit ago.  Live in a rural area so even with an alarm, bad
guys can come, steal and be gone before cops can get here by a long shot.
Cop that handled the break-in suggested that video survelance may help deter
and definately help catch anyone in the future who breaks in.  I am thinking
of 2 or 3 cameras, 1 for the back door, one for the front door and one by
the driveway to catch cars and license plates, etc.

I am doing remodeling so while I have been doing that I have run runs of
RG-6 and CAT-5 to the outside locations near where a camera would go.  There
is also 120 volt power near by.  All areas are high enough such that someone
just can't sneak up and cover or move the camera.  Some areas will have
motion activated lights near them, some won't.

So looking for suggestions as to hardware for camera for outdoor use
(exposed to weather -- hot, cold, rain, snow) that tie to a computer and not
VCR.  Need computer software that will save locally and move copies of
photos to a directory at my ISP just in case the computer at the house is
stolen as well.   System also needs to deal with low light situations as
well.   Distance from camera to person could be from 15 to 25 feet to 50
feet depending on final placement location.

Anyone have some links or names that could point me in the right direction?
I live in Ontario Canada north of Toronto.

Thanks.

Alan