Re: Build your own Web Server / Gateway for $220 or less.

"William at MyBlueRoom" <wrichardson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It's not a polished article by a long shot. (it contains a new look I'm
>working on for my site at www.myblueroom.com ) To see the Elephant Web
>Server / Gateway with the possibility for use also as a home automation
>controller; click on the Elephant button on the left hand side of the
>page. If you have a Cable / DSL modem then this article might be of
>interest. (It replaces your router) I've been using one for about a
>year, just wanted to share how it's done.
>Total cost with software is less than $220 Canadian.

That's neat. Personally, I prefer no fans, no moving parts etc so that
I can leave it running all the time and not worry about it burning my
house down while I'm away.

I hear that it's possible to hack a $20 router, the Sweex LB000021.

http://www.norocketscience.com/router/
http://midge.vlad.org.ua/wiki/

It just has 2Mb flash, but if a USB socket is tacked on, a flash drive
can be added.

http://sprite.student.utwente.nl/~jeroen/projects/lb000021/

--
Dave Farrance