M&S DMC1 Intercom System

Getting ready to build a new house and will be looking to install an M&S
DMC1 intercom system in it.

For those of you that have one of these, how do you like it?  Any
shortcomings you wish M&S would address?  Should I have chosen something
different?

Also, has anyone tried to tie the audio of the Elk M1 alarm/automation
system into a DMC1 (for whole house announcements)?  I'm gonna try.