Re: Best Way to Amplify X-10 Signal?

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:56:11 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:
> Brian S. Schang <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Now, however, I'm in a project to finish my basement. I'm staring to
>>get flakey X-10 behavior, and I know exactly where the problems are.
>>I've moved my computers from upstairs to the basement and have not
>>reinstalled the filters yet. I'm sure that if I were to reinstall
>>them my problems would go away.
>>
>>Here is my question ... is this really the best way to handle this
>>problem? While I've been successful using these filters, I have
>>friends and family that have been equally successful using repeaters
>>and amplifiers. Which is the most robust solution?

> Filters help with both noise and signal sinks while amplifiers may make
> noise worse.

Dave's correct, I have an errant signal sucker (can't find it yet,
busy doing other thing) and an amp. Luckily the amp/repeater doesn't
appear to repeat the noise. It does detect noise (hours worth) but I
don't see it on both sides of the 2 2 'phases'. The X10 works OK most
of the time but I sometimes lose an on or off. I then have to fix it
manually.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site