Help with Samsung RS-232 protocol

I have gotten my communication down with my SIR-TS360 to where I can
turn the unit on and off. I can not figure out how to change
channels.The protocol is as follows.

All commands begin with: "*dtv" and end with a carrige return, line
feed pair.

to simulate keypresses:
0 - "0"
9 - "9" etc.
- - "V"

If I send the unit a command to go to channel 79 I would think the
command '*dtv79 & Chr(13) & Chr(10)' would make the receiver go to that
channel but it only accepts the first character and goes to channel 7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks