Re: Help with Samsung RS-232 protocol

"don" <don.losthorseranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1141689120.535138.270780@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have gotten my communication down with my SIR-TS360 to where I can
> turn the unit on and off. I can not figure out how to change
> channels.The protocol is as follows.

At this site:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/printthread.php?t=167485&pp=50

Boston Dawg 01-20-2005 05:42 AM

writes:

----

Tivo and Samsung SIR-TS360

I too am wicked disappointed that the RS232 port on the back of the Samsung
Direct TV receiver can not be used for changing channels. It's one of the
features I was looking for when I bought the unit. I was upgrading from a
Hughes receiver which DID allow channel changing through the serial port on
back.

I have been forced to resort to using the IR cable. It took me quite awhile
to find the right code and speed but I got it to work flawlessly.

HTH

--
Bobby G.