Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

<ben.parees@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I currently use a smarthome powerlinc serial controller
> (http://www.smarthome.com/1132B.HTML) connected to a PC as the central
> controller for my x10 installation.  From what i'm reading about XTB,
> it sounds like it would really help the powerlinc get its signals to
> some of my devices that i have trouble controlling, but what i'm
> wondering is would the XTB interfere with the reception of signals by
> the powerlinc?  or improve it?  or it has no impact on reception of
> signals by devices plugged into it?

As I understand Jeff's explanation, there is a "return" path to the
Powerlinc (we were actually talking about the TW-523, the similar X-10
device).  I tested it last night and confirms that it works.  I did not
measure the voltage, but IIRC Jeff said it boosts the incoming signals,
although not like it does the outgoing ones.  I believe it will help your
installation enormously.

--
Bobby G.