Re: Video Server and Distribution

If you've got Nero on your system, I've seen DVDShrink lockup until you
fiddled with the default settings governing the interacion of the two.  I
use 3.18 as later versions got hinkier -I'll have to check to be sure,
though.  Another issue that threw me for a while were lockups that occurred
because I installed a new DVD burner but had NOT selected a region.  IIRC, I
didn't figure that out until I went to play a DVD on that new drive on a
viewer program and saw the message about selecting a region.  That region
code crap is so bogus anyway.

--
Bobby G.

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I just used Magic DVD Ripper, and that worked, but terrible quality in
every
> codec I tried, including "original MP2".  I'll play with shrink some more.
> That's one of the ones we use at the studio I sometimes work in, so I'm
> pretty familiar. Doubt it's a PC problem... I edit video and 3d on this
> computer all the time.  2,4ghz, 1gig ram, etc.
>
> Maybe something with my DVD drive. I'll play with it some more when I get
> back from my event today and report again.
>
> By the way, you all need to try out Orb.  www.orb.com -- yesterday I sat
in
> my back yard watching live TV on my laptop, streamed wirelessly from my
> Media Center pc over my cell phone's internet connection.  Also being able
> to watch or listen to ANY of my media on my phone's screen is pretty cool.
>

> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > What version of DVDShrink's giving you problems?  I've seen it run on
lots
> > of different machines without incident.  Same for DVDDecrypter.   What
> > kind
> > of PC are you using?
> >
> > --
> > Bobby G.
> >

> > "E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Clark,
> >>
> >> What did you use to rip your files to hdd?  I've tried DVD Shrink, My
> >> Movies, and a few others. All are crash city.
> >>
> >> Drag/drop? :)
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> :Lee
> >>
> >> "Clark Hensley" <clark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message