Re: Hardwired shower XM radio

Actor123 wrote:
> Looking to add a hardwired XM radio to my shower during a shower
> remodel.  I can't seem  to find such a product though. Heck, i can't
> even find a normal hardwired shower radio anywhere either.  All I can
> find is those cheapo freestanding shower radios.
>
> Ideally it'd be one of those flush-mount panel interfaces with the guts
> hidden behind a wall somewhere and an antenna placed on the roof.
> Since they don't seem to make one though, is there a next best thing?
> Can I put a marine radio in a shower?

If you use a whole-house audio system, you can use XM as a source and
listen to it elsewhere in the house. You can, as others have suggested,
use an IR remote to control a zone keypad outside the shower. A more
expensive, but built-in, solution would be to install a Xantech
WaterPad in your shower wall. The WaterPad is a fairly sophisticated
programmable remote, which can be programmed to have whatever functions
you'd like (XM, audio system, or other source control).