Re: I like Jeff's XTB so much, I made a logo!

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Jack Edin" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> <stuff snipped>
<more stuff snipped>

> XTB is the winner, I think, with your rewording to X-10 Transmission
Booster
> or Blaster.  Now all we have to do is get the device's creator, Jeff, to
> agree!

The prototype PCB was called: "PSC05_Booster".  I had intended to use the
word Booster untill I ran across the BoosterLinc, and wanted to avoid any
infringement issues.  This project was originally planned to boost the
output of a TW523/PSC05 so a high end controller could reach all areas of a
house.  Obviously, it can help any X10 transmitter, so that's where XTB came
from.  If there is some way to verify there would be no infringement issues,
then Booster it will be.

> > I believe they're selling like hot-cakes and he's busy soldering all the
> > live-long day.

Not quite hot cakes, but I just sent in another round of part orders.  Let's
just say it's been keeping me busy.

> Yes, and I'd encourage people to buy the assembled version for a few
> reasons.  The most important are that Jeff's got experience building them,
> is a remarkable solderer and undoubtedly would create a better finished
> product than all but the best kit builders out there.  I am pretty sure he
> also makes more $ selling assembled units than kits.  Buying them
assembled
> is just one way to support his efforts and encourage him to design other
> equally brilliant devices.

I appreciate those who buy the assembled units from me.  But, considering
the time it takes, those people are getting a pretty good deal.  The kits
are priced at what the items would have cost in small quantity.  My profit
on kits is from buying in larger quantities, and accepting the risk of being
stuck with inventory.  The total sales to date have just about paid for my
current inventory.

There has been some interest in a 240V version, and a kit is on the way to
Europe for evaluation.  I'm trying to revise the artwork enough to allow
those higher voltage capacitors to fit directly onto the board.
Unfortunately, there just isn't much room to work with.  While I'm at it, I
can also change the artwork to read "Booster".

Thank all of you for your support.  There are several other products in this
area I hope to bring out in the coming months.

Jeff