Audio ditribution for security purposes

I've been living with wireless speakers for my home automation PC for the
last few years. These have not been too bad for the price, except the
occasional blast of noise/interference at night. But lately they've been had
more trouble staying locked to the source and the neighbour's Porn viewing
has become more frequent. :)

My first thought was to just wire up two speakers. I also considered getting
a couple of voice modules for the Ocelot, but they seem a little pricey for
the benefit. Although I imagine my lag time should decrease substantially.
Any better ideas that would offer more functionality, without breaking the
bank? Are the new wireless speakers any better/more secure?