Re: X10 Code Translator

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > You are obviously far more tolerant than I am... :)
>
> Mebbe not.  This morning all of my X-10 RF suddenly stopped working.  I
can
> get the transceivers to fire if I touch the antenna with the remote, but
not
> otherwise.
>
> My wireless thermometers also crapped out and are showing blank displays
so
> I assume there's something broadcasting at or near the same frequency as
the
> X-10 remotes.

Answering my own post, FWIW, it was a stuck button on a PalmPad on a
housecode that's little used.  Only the Decora picked it up and then, only
if I was standing in the right place.  The clue should have been the
thermometers - they were about a foot away from the stuck transmitter.  The
other clue was the C housecodes.  I only use it for testing and the same
code kept appearing (C8 ON) on the Monterey.

What threw me this morning was that it was very slow in filling the Monterey
buffer.  A stuck button usually fills up the 190 command memory in seconds.
This was moving 1/100 that speed, with a command registering every few
seconds instead of every few milliseconds.  I suspect it's something to do
with the way the Decora handles repeating signals.  I think I'll go test
that right now.

I think I'll still try to tune my scanner radio to the X-10 frequency for
the next time this happens 'cause I'm sure it will.  :-(

--
Bobby G.