Re: X10 Code Translator

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message

> You are obviously far more tolerant than I am... :)

Mebbe not.  This morning all of my X-10 RF suddenly stopped working.  I can
get the transceivers to fire if I touch the antenna with the remote, but not
otherwise.

My wireless thermometers also crapped out and are showing blank displays so
I assume there's something broadcasting at or near the same frequency as the
X-10 remotes.  None of the standard trouble shooting methods seem to be
working.  I've checked for stuck transmitters but haven't found any - the
powerline is clear of X-10 signals.  A stuck transmitter is pretty easy to
detect with the ESM1 or the Monterey and both are showing all quiet.

Even stranger is that when I touch the antenna of the Decora AHT, I get "C"
codes immediately following the legitimate "B" housecode commands.

I have an old police scanner radio.  I'm wondering if I can tune it to near
the X-10 frequency to see if there's a signal that's interfering?  This
makes a single, flakey lightswitch look like no trouble at all.  I live near
a number of high-tech government installations so maybe I've joined the
legion of people who can no longer use their car remotes or any other RF
devices.  I guess I'll check the car alarm next.  This really, really sucks.

Larry, if you're reading this, you may be right.  There's an awful lot of
stuff to learn to keep a darn X-10 setup running properly.  Maybe too much.

--
Bobby G.