Re: Does a cell phone forwarding to a land line product exist?

<mark.alanzo> wrote ...
>I have a very limited number of day time cell minutes but unlimited
> anytime mobile to mobile minutes and unlimited anywhere minutes on my
> home's land line. Under our family plan I could add a phone for
> $10/month and leave it at home. Then if I could call the "home" cell
> phone and have the device route/forward the call to my land line I
> could circumvent the grevious limit on my day time outbound cell phone
> minutes.
>
> Surely some enterprising folks have come up with this kind of product.
> I'm almost sure I read about something like this a year or so ago but I
> can't recall now.

I suspect that all the effort has gone into systems that work the other way
around, allowing your home phones to use the cheap (free) long distance
rates that many people have on their cell phones and allowing them answer
their cell number.  I think that this is a more flexible system.  I am
considering ditching the home line completely then upgrading my cell phone
plan.

I did some searching and found a number of systems that then link home
phones to the cell line.

Some of them are bridges that just connects a cell phone to the home phone
wires and let it behave as a plain phone line.  Some of them let the home
phone connect to a land line in addition to the cell phone.
Dock and Talk  -  www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
Merge  -   www.cidcocom.com/merge/index.html

Some use proprietary wireless phones (with additional handsets available)
and no wiring needed.
http://communications.rca.com/en-US/ModelDetail.html?MN=23200RE3
http://www.uniden.com/store/itemdetail.cfm?item=B-ELBT595

--