Re: Newbie question on external lights

"simplest (and cheapest)" is likely to be wireless. There are a number of
manufacturer's selling simple wireless systems in Europe. Klik ON, Klik OFF
is one brand name. Philips offers some also. And there are several others.
Range should not be an issue as European regulations allow much, much higher
power than does the FCC in the USA.