Re: Cameras: low cost?

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:13:57 -0500, "Les" <les_stockton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <449a26b6$0$15724$c3e8da3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Anyone have a suggestion on low-cost video cameras that can be accessed
(view, not necessarily controlled) from the internet?  I'm hoping for 3 or 4.
I don't need to view all at the same time, but it would be good if I could
switch from camera to camera to see what's going on.

For $85-130 + shipping, one can get a video IP server that allows you to
connect up to four composite/NTSC video cameras and view them singly,
round-robin, or all at once using a web browser and includes simple motion
detection.

Most seem to be variations on the Aruca Electronics 9100a including
superseded (v2.34) hardware versions that cannot be upgraded to v2.37
firmware:

http://www.arucaelectronics.com/shop/ipvideoserver.php
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=BLK-9100A-PLUS-N&cm_ven=Froogle&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_ite=total
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=video+ip

They are small enough to fit inside the case of the surplus Samsung
GV-MUX16TC 16-input video multiplexors some of us in comp.home.automation
purchased.

I have one on order but no hands-on experience yet.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org