Re: Napco P9600 Technical Question

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:58:38 GMT, Clif <nonya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<OAtzf.2168$vU2.1926@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Does anyone have a Napco P9600 that they can easily look under the metal
>processor shield? (i.e. The cover for the memory firmware, RAM, etc.)

Yes I do.

>I need to know the part number and manufacturer for the RAM chip. (Facing
>the controller in its mounted orientation, it would be the rectangular
>chip just above the firmware ROM.)

It's ... mumble, mumble....

Why do you need to know?

Those .600 DIP static rams can be easily 'double-decked' and because the
fanout of the associated circuits can handle the additional load, one could
substitute the entire original chip with a new one with _its_ data by
disconnecting the CS on the original chip -- or make a copy of the data on
the original chip

One has to wonder what legitimate reason there would be for an anonymous,
first-time usenet poster to do this if (especially) s/he doesn't have ready
access to the panel.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org