Re: Home IR Control

Robert Green Wrote:
> I've been hoping to replace my Powermid IR control net with something
> hardwired that's more reliable in terms of RF and stray light immunity
> but
> the price of Xantech equipment blows me away.  Are they any home-brew
> IR
> systems that people are using out there for a small, 8 room setup?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bobby G.

Hi Bobby

I use my own Homebrew design which connects to my Homevision
unit.....It can be setup as a basic repeater system if required
although designed as a zoned system for Homevision ....In my setup  my
system  can inform Homevision which zone the ir signal originated
from.....(i use this feature to control my cbus lighting ) Homevision
can tell my system which zone to send ir to....Its based around
38khz...
Its also  a cat5 based system.....

http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/page7.html

HTH