Re: Quantech Appcon kit - UK

"Dave Saville" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>There are temp sensors, Open/Close sensors and mains switching up to a couple
>of hundred watts - Fine for central heating pumps etc. I have one of the
>open/close boards in front of me and apart from resistors etc it has two chips
>a ST93C46CB1 94E440 & a PIC16C54C 9919HAJ whatever they do :-)

One is EEPROM (probably used to store configuration data) and the other is a
microcontroller (the brain). I think you are dead in the water unless you
can fix the main controller or find the communications protocol that the
main controller used to communicate with other boards. There's no reason for
EEPROM and a microcontroller unless the open/close board has some degree of
independence from the main controller. Without knowing what and how to say
to the open/close board and others like it, you'll likely need to replace
everything.