Re: Home IR Control

That's probably as good as any. If you have other things to buy, you can
save a couple of bucks by buying the IR receivers at Mouser. Mouser has no
minimum and will ship Priority Mail. I frequently use them for small orders.

     http://www.mouser.com/catalog/624/91.pdf

Any of the FIG I & J Vishay 36kHz or 38kHz receivers (bottom section) will
do.

One limitation of the design is that it demodulates all of the received IR
and transmits just the demodulated data envelope over the wires. It then
assumes a 38kHz carrier when it reconstitutes it for output. I would
probably use a 36kHz receiver as it will cover the most common carriers
(32-40kHz).

I don't know how the high priced spreads do it but I would prefer to
preserve the carrier as there are more and more devices using carriers
outside the 32-40kHz range. You'll notice there are 455kHz and 33-57kHz
receivers.