Re: Need Door Bell generator for whole house audio

I think Radio Shack has a 'ding dong' type piezo door bell element.
Most every radio shack I've ever walked in to has it hooked up to their
door announcer IR beam and when you walk in you hear it go
ding dong ding  (because the pulse from the IR beam to power the thing
is longer than the ding-dong cycle of the piezo element.)

Anyway, since a piezo is just a speaker, I would go to RS, buy one of
those, tear it apart, you'll probably see the two lead in wires that
take 12VDC and they will go to a circuit board and from there it will
probably have 2 wires going to the piezo.  I have a hunch that if you
just connect the two output wires to the paging input you will get the
ding-dong.  Now the only trick is to power it for the correct length of
time.  Probably using a 555 as a pulse stretcher would do it.

Hmm, on second thought, that may be more complex than you want to do.
Well, that's the free advice I can think of right off the bat.

Good luck, let us know how you work it out!