Re: Need advice for a wall-mounted patch panel for home network

In article <073qs19nku00s9a3le8k7nqccsnc4f8p2f@xxxxxxx>, none@xxxxxxxx
says...

> I am finishing my basement and need some advice about terminating the network
> feeds from around the house.
>
> I initially was going to bring them all into a square wiring box, but realized
> that since I would be actually making the connections via switches and routers
> that are outside the box (on shelves) the square panel is not really needed.
>
> What I am looking for is some sort of rack mountable patch panel that is 16"
> wide so it will go between the studs in the wall.  The panel itself would
> slide/disconnect from the rack for wiring, but the rack itself mounts
> permanently between the studs so the drywall can be cut around it.

	The standard EIA rack sizes are 19" and 23". There has never been
a 16" size that I know of.

	HOWEVER -- I faced this same issue at one time. I solved it by
obtaining, through Graybar Electric, a wall-mounted mini-rack made by
Homaco. It mounted neatly on 16" center studs, and provided a standard
19" space to accommodate network wiring panels (and a small hub for a
time).

	Look here for the Homaco wall racks.

	http://www.homaco.com/equipwallracks/swingez.htm

	Happy hunting.